Standard Cabinet Paint Warranty of 5 Years
Covered Under the Standard Cabinet Warranty:
- Peeling Paint – 5 Years
- Alligatoring Paint – 5 Years
- Bubbling Paint – 5 Years
Ultra-Bonding System Warranty (10 Years)
Covered under the Ultra-Bonding System Warranty:
- Peeling Paint – 10 Years
- Alligatoring Paint – 10 Years
- Bubbling Paint – 10 Years
- Painted Cabinets should be washed very carefully with water and a soft rag/towel.
- If cabinets are improperly cared for the warranty could be voided.
- Paint is cured in 7 days but extra precautions should be taken for 30 days after installation.
- Do not use chemicals on painted surfaces.
Specific Surfaces / Situations that are NOT Covered Under Warranty:
- Vinyl, Plastic or Galvanized Metal Surfaces.
- Regular wear and tear from daily use.
- Areas that are damaged by an outside force are not covered under warranty.
- Any surfaces that are contaminated by chemicals, foods, grease, ink or any item or liquid that may have penetrated the current finish and/or reached the wood or material.
- Areas with plants touching the painted surfaces are not covered under warranty.
- Areas damaged by pets are not covered under warranty.
- Wood Panel doors that crack where the panel meets the frame, this is normal and cannot be prevented.
- Areas that have a moisture problem or areas where moisture pools on the surface.
- Mold or fungus that results from environmental causes.
- Areas of already rotted wood are not covered by the warranty.
- Bathrooms – must have proper ventilation to be covered under warranty. If there is not sufficient ventilation in the bathroom the paint will not be covered under the warranty.
- Work that has not been paid in full will not be covered under warranty.
- Warranties are not transferable to new homeowners / renters / etc.
- Warranty begins on the day of job completion.
- If warranty work is performed, this does not refresh the time of the warranty from the original warranty start date.
- Warranty work will be performed within 60 days when notified between the dates of November 1st to April 30th.
- If warranty work notification is received between May 1st and October 31st, warranty work will be completed before the end of the calendar year.
As a general standard, Contractor warrants its workmanship for one year after the date of substantial completion, unless specified in The Agreement that an upgraded product is used, Contractor may offer a five or ten year warrant of workmanship. Contractor will repair any substantial defect arising during the warranty period without any labor charge to the Owner (Please See: Cabinet Paint Warranty Guidelines Document for more details). Warranties do not cover materials or labor supplied by Owner or other Party, defects arising due to existing or Owner-created conditions, or normal use or wear. The warranties given hereunder shall have no force and effect until the Contractor has received full payment of the Price, as adjusted.